Boomer Health Institute
This organization, founded by Dr. Courter is dedicated to improving the lives of our baby boomer population. Currently, we have 74-77 million baby boomers in our country with 10,000 people turning 65 daily for the next 20 years.
This demographic earthquake, often called a a graying tsunami, is not just occurring in the United States; it’s worldwide. By 2020, 2.7 billion of the world’s population will be over 50 years old.
Many of today’s baby boomers currently believe that will never enjoy their “golden years.” Many baby boomers expect to work until they drop, watching their standard of living slip away, while they experience major health challenges, and feel progressively isolated, marginalized, and disempowered.
The Boomer Health Institute has a mission statement to improve the quality of life for Baby Boomers so that – despite their financial, medical, professional, and personal challenges – they can redesign their lives, making their upcoming years the best part of their life.
The Boomer Health Institutes believes in improving more than your health; it believes in improving your entire lives. Through each of its teaching programs, it aims to help baby boomers shift their focus from a career-oriented life to a more meaningful life.
The Boomer Health Institute believes that it can help baby boomers discover renewed health, higher vitality, sharpened mental clarity, reawakened passions, renewed purpose, stronger connections to others, increased spirituality, and an enhanced opportunity to share, give, and leave a legacy.
A message from our founder
Let me share three questions that keep me awake. Have I lived? Have I loved? Have I really made a difference? With our multiple challenges, I’ve created a life-changing survivor kit for baby boomers with 9 steps for redesigning yourself, your relationships, and your life. It is my hope, that my book and this community will help you select and design your own series of life changes. With these new tools, your life will become less stressful, more balanced, and far more meaningful. You will discover renewed health, sharpened mental clarity, reawakened passions and purpose, stronger connections to others, increased spirituality, and an enhanced opportunity to share, give, and leave a legacy. Thanks for stopping by.
Dr. Bill Courter
About Dr. Courter
Dr. Courter has an impressive background that positions him as a respected expert in our health care system. A partial list of credentials include:
- Founder of the Boomer Health Institute (BoomerHealthInstitute.com, which offers his book, lectures, coaching, teleseminars, blogs and a membership – all designed to share secrets with the baby boomer population so that can lead a less stressed, more balanced, and more meaningful life.
- Published author of The Boomer Survivor Kit: An Indispensable Guide for Yourself * Your Relationships * Your Life with the goal of helping the baby boomers redesign their lives away from their careers to the far more meaningful parts of life.
- Served as Associate Medical Director of a large health care agency for 17 years, managing a health system with an annual budget of 100 million, which treated over 20,000 patients per year.
- Worked as a National Physician Consultant, shaping the care of over 30,000 patients for 16 years, through physician-to-physician advice on complicated, difficult cases from the East coast (Presbyterian Hospital) to the West coast (Stanford Medical Center).
- Lectured on his original program “Prescription for Effective Living” for the past two decades throughout Southern California with keynotes speeches to multiple organizations, including hospitals, police/fireman departments, and private businesses with a total audience of thousands of participants.
- Board Certification in Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Educational degrees from Bachelor’s degree (chemistry major) from Williams College (Williamstown, Massachusetts) to Internship/Psychiatric Residency from University of Southern California (Los Angeles, California).